Recipe by downers1
I found this recipe in my Campbell's Cookbook. My kids are really picky...we joke that they have a two-color rule...they don't like anything with more than two colors in it. This does not violate the two-color rule...it's always a hit when I make it.
Top Review by 1sealover_2745848
This would have been very bland if I'd only followed the recipe. I added 3 good-sized cloves of minced garlic and cooked them with the onion. I also added 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese to the sauce mixture, along with fresh parsley and a bit more pepper. I increased the cheddar cheese to 3/4 cup to top it off. It was tasty! Note: A half pound of pasta equals 4 cups.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancampbell cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancampbell cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups cooked chicken or 3 cups ham, shredded or cubed
- 4 cups egg noodles, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook onion in hot butter until tender in a 4-quart dutch oven.
- Add soups, milk and pepper and heat through.
- Stir in chicken and noodles.
- Pour the mixture into a 3-quart casserole dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes (or until hot) in a 400 degree oven.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.