Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
An easy "Campbell's soup" recipe
- 10 slices bacon, cut in 1/2 inchpieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 (10 ounce) cancampbell condensed cream of chicken soup or 1 (10 ounce) can low-fat cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) cancampbell condensed cream of mushroom soup or 1 (10 ounce) can low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 6 cups hot cooked spaghetti
- Cook bacon until crisp at medium heat in large skillet.
- Drain bacon on paper towel; remove all but 1 tbsp (15 mL) fat from skillet.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet; stir fry until onions are translucent- about 5 minutes.
- Stir in mixture of soups, milk, parsley and thyme.
- Stir in chicken.
- Bring to a boil, stirring often; stir in bacon.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Simmer covered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately over cooked spaghetti.
The whole family loved this! Very easy and very good. The only things I did differently were to throw in a bit of fresh parmesan cheese and I used rotini for the pasta. Will definitely make this again.
This was so yummy! My DH kept saying mmm its so creamy and good! Thank you for posting this.
I doubled the garlic and i added a can of mushrooms and 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese and about 1/2 cup of milk to thin it out a little. I can't wait to have the left overs tomorrow!
I loved this! Great taste and very easy to prepare and cook. I'll definitely be using this recipe again!