1/1 Photo of Creamy Chicken/Brocolli/Pepper and Farfelle Noodles
A delightful, easy recipe that I have adapted from one I saw on AllRecipes by Cooking Mama. The sauce is lighter than "Alfredo" so if you're looking for that sort of sauce, you will be sorely disappointed. Any veg can be used, but these are the ones that she recommends, and that I used. I also substituted asiago cheese for the parmesan because that's what I had on hand. I've made this a couple of times, and my DH agrees, this is a keeper. It incidentally took me longer to post this than it did to make it, there is no measurement on a container of Philadelphia Dip container, so this is a guess and may throw the editing and nutritional values off! lol!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1/2 medium white onion, chopped finely
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 large red pepper, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 (6 ounce) containers cream cheese with garlic and herbs, dip
- 2 cups bow tie pasta, cooked
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper
- 1Chop the chicken into bite size pieces and season lightly with salt and pepper. You may also sprinkle on season salt or garlic powder to your own personal taste, I use them on everything, You may use any skinless/boneless cut, or even left over from yesterday.
- 2Saute the chicken until lightly brown. Just warm precooked chicken slightly before adding in the onion and garlic in the next step.
- 3Add the onion and garlic and continue to cook until the onion is soft and translucent.
- 4In a microwave/oven/serving dish, heat the cream cheese dip until it is soft.
- 5Add the chicken broth to it, and stir until smooth.
- 6Now add the chicken and onion mixture to it and put it into a 350F oven,.
- 7Start the water for the pasta.
- 8While this is coming to temperature, chop the red pepper and brocolli.
- 9Let the pasta cook for about 5 minutes, then add the vegetables to the chicken mixture in the oven. You could add the vegies when you put the pasta in, but we like ours crispy. At this point you should cover the chicken.
- 10Continue cooking all until the pasta is el dente and the vegetables are tender crisp.
- 11Drain the pasta, and either add it to the chicken mixture, or toss with a bit of olive oill and the parmesan cheese, and then serve the chicken and veg over top.
- 12NOTE: You may substitute 1 250 gm package of plain cream cheese for one of the dips if you don't care for the added herb and garlic flavor.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chicken/Brocolli/Pepper and Farfelle Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.8
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 64.5 mg
- Sodium 96.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 19.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cream cheese with garlic and herbs