Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a really simple, quick dish. Great to make & ahead. I often make this & set my oven to 'time bake,' so we can arrive home with supper ready for us! ENJOY!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, split into 8 halves
- 1⁄4 lb dried beef
- 12 slices cooked bacon
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can sour cream
- Grease 9x13 pan.
- Place dried beef on the bottom.
- Place bacon slices over the top of the chicken breast halves.
- Mix soup& sour cream and pour over the chicken.
- Sprinkle with paprika& rosemary over chicken.
- Bake uncovered@ 275 for 2 hours.
This was one of the first "for company" dishes I served after I was married. It was always well recieved and very easy. The bacon and dried beef add a nice flavor to the cream sauce. I also liked the addition of the rosemary. (I used fresh when available.) In the years since I was a newlywed, I have begun to shy away from cream soup recipes (due to the fat and sodium). This recipe still comes out once in awhile, though. It is always a winner.
This is almost identical to a recipe I have, called White House Chicken. Mine does not call for the paprika or rosemary, and it is very delicious. It's a great dish to serve for company or to take to a potluck. I've had more than one request for the recipe, and I make it often. I will be trying it with the spice next time. Thank you!
I doubled the recipe for my family and everyone enjoyed it. I followed the recipe exactly as written but I added the paprika and rosemary to the sauce. These was easy to make and enjoyed by all.