Recipe by RiRi
This is from Wild Oats. It can be made up the night before and then just popped in the oven the next day. They recommend it be served with steamed veggies or a crisp green salad.
- 8 ounces fusilli
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- sea salt
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream or 1 cup half-and-half
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 leaves fresh basil, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Boil pasta according to package directions. Drain and place in baking dish.
- Rinse and pat chicken dry. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat large saute pan over medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil. Place chicken in pan, and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until the chicken is browned. Remove from pan and place on a cutting board.
- In the same pan, melt butter, and add the rest of the olive oil. Add the garlic and onions. Cook for about 2 minutes, until the onions are soft.
- Stir in the tomatoes and 3/4 cup of the chicken broth or wine. Bring to a boil. Turn down and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the chicken into 1/4-inch thick slices and place over pasta (the chicken will finish cooking in the oven).
- Stir in cream and 1/2 cup cheese into the tomatoes. Simmer over medium heat until the sauce thickens.
- Add the rest of the broth or wine if the sauce gets too thick. Stir in basil. Add salt and pepper to tast.
- Pour sauce over chicken and pasta. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered for about 20 minutes, or until bubbling and golden brown.