Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
A rich, delicious casserole to add to my make ahead meals collection!
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 16 ounces frozen broccoli
- 1⁄4 cup reduced fat margarine, melted
- 8 ounces low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 10 ounces low-fat cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- Cook noodles according to package directions and drain; keep warm.
- Cut some stems off broccoli and discard. In large bowl, combine noodles and broccoli.
- Add margarine and cheese and stir until cheese melts.
- Stir in soup, milk, mustard, salt and pepper, and chicken. Sppon into greased 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Bake covered at 325 for 40 minutes.
Very good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written other then I used 2% milk instead of whole milk as that is all I buy. I also cut back on the pepper by half. I had cooked breasts already in the freezer so used those. This made for a quick and easy dinner. Made for Spring PAC 2010.
This was a wonderful dinner. I used peas and corn instead of brocolli as DH does not eat trees. Made for Fall PAC 09