Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Recipe originally from Sparkpeople.com. My friends and I use it in our OAMC rotation.
- 3 skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups low-fat sour cream
- 3 cups long grain brown rice
- garlic powder
- Mix cream of chicken soup and sour cream.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Put rice in bottom of medium size baking dish.
- Place chicken on top of rice.
- Cover chicken and rice with soup/sour cream mixture.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
Even with frozen chicken breast, the chicken was done and quite dry, while the rice was still hard. Perhaps this should use quick rice or bone in chicken? The sour cream gives an interesting flavor, but was a bit strong for our taste.