Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Received from a friend, sounds great!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 to 6)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancampbell's condensed cream of broccoli soup (regular or 98% Fat Free)
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- Place the chicken in a 13 x 9 x 2-inch shallow baking dish.
- Mix the soup, milk, garlic powder and mushrooms in a medium bowl and pour over the chicken.
- Mix the cheese and bread crumbs with the butter in a small bowl and sprinkle over the soup mixture.
- Bake at 400°F for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Place the chicken on a serving plate.
- Stir the sauce and serve with the chicken. Serves 4.
This was fantastic! I made it according to the directions. I also made egg noodles on the side for the extra gravy! Will make again!
I used bone in chicken breast and thighs, homemade cream soup and instead of bread crumbs, I put cooked rice under the chicken and baked for 1 hour. Still wasn't done bcz my pieces were HUGE. Needs some salt (at least my homemade soup version) but everyone liked it. Left out mushrooms too.
A very good meal to come home to! I used the low-fat soup, because I've never noticed a difference in flavor. Used Italian Style breadcrumbs, and doubled the parmesan, just for grins!! It baked up in about 25 minutes. It looked a little "blah", so I sprinkled with paprika for color and ran the dish under the broiler for a minute or so. Wasn't clear on the amount of butter, so I winged it- about 1/2 of a stick. I will make this again, and play with it- maybe crushed cornflakes, extra broccoli... all in all, a good recipe!