1/2 Photos of Creamy Chicken-Apple Chili
Got this recipe from Everyday by Rachael Ray. I am a beginner cook. My husband tried this and said that it was his favorite! He said that he would give it five stars and would like to have this served more often. Easy to make and most of the ingredients are already on hand. YUM. The recipe is customizable! Use substitutes if you have to. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs chicken tenders, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- 2 apples, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans or 2 (15 ounce) cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese (about 8 ounces)
- toasted tortilla, optional for serving (optional)
- chopped scallion, optional for serving (optional)
- 1In a large dutch oven, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over med-high heat.
- 2Add chicken, chili powder, and cumin (don't worry, it was NOT spicy to us, my toddler ate it.).
- 3Season with salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally; transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- 4In the same pot, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the apples and onion and cook, stir, until softened - about 6 minutes; Add to bowl with chicken.
- 5In the same pot, melt the butter over med-low heat. Whisk in flour for about a minute; whisk in the chicken broth and milk, until thickened - about 3 to 4 minutes.
- 6Stir in the apples, chicken, and beans. Bring to a simmer.
- 7Stir in cheese and cook until the cheese has melted.
- 8Serve with the tortillas and scallions.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chicken-Apple Chili
Serving Size: 1 (406 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 543.9
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 108.6 mg
- Sodium 531.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.4 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 43.4 g