Recipe by RachelB-KY
This is delicious! The sauce is very creamy. In a hurry to make something it's very simple yet...very delicious.
- 1 (16 ounce) package angel hair pasta (or thin spaghetti)
- 1 1⁄4 lbs chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large carrot, diced (or 1/2 cup baby carrots)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the chicken, salt and pepper in 2 tablespoons oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute carrot in butter and remaining oil for 1 minute. Add the onion, celery, and garlic; saute 3-4 minutes longer or until tender.
- Stir in the cream, bacon, lemon juice and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly. Return chicken to the pan.
- Drain pasta; toss with chicken mixture. Garnish with Parmesan cheese.