1 hr 5 mins
By The Lake's Note:
This rich make ahead casserole is topped with a crunchy, cheesy topping that is kind of like dumplings, but with more texture. Alfredo sauce, frozen vegetables, and rotisserie chicken make it easy. Substitue Havarti cheese for the Cheddar Cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 (16 ounce) jar four cheese alfredo sauce
- 3 cups rotisserie chicken, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower
- 1 1/4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg
- 1In heavy saucepan, cook onion in olive oil over medium heat until tender. Add flour; cook and stir 3 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon thyme leaves and milk; cook and stir until thick.
- 2Remove from heat and add Alfredo sauce, chicken, 1-1/4 cups Cheddar cheese, 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, and the frozen vegetables; stir gently. Place in 2-1/2 quart casserole. Cover and refrigerate 8-24 hours.
- 3When ready to eat, preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place casserole, covered, in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until warm. Meanwhile, in small bowl combine flour, 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, baking powder, 1/4 cup butter, 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, and egg and mix with a fork until crumbly.
- 4Uncover casserole and crumble this topping evenly over the top. Bake for 20-30 minutes longer, until filling bubbles and the topping is golden brown and crisp.
- 5You can also bake the casserole right away. After you place the chicken mixture in the casserole dish, top with the crumbly mixture and bake in preheated 375 degrees F oven for 25-35 minutes until bubbly and brown.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chicken and Veggies Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 599.7
- Calories from Fat 345
- Total Fat 38.3 g
- Saturated Fat 21.7 g
- Cholesterol 151.1 mg
- Sodium 692.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 27.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
four cheese alfredo sauce