Recipe by JustJanS
Something I made the other night to use a few ingredients hiding in the fridge.
Top Review by Chef TraceyMae
I made this for the Aussie/Kiwi Swap #17. I was a little leery about the amount of chorizo, so I used less. Next time I will use more! This was yummy and easy to make. My DH said this was a keeper!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, diced fine
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small chorizo sausage, skinned, chopped
- 200 g skinless chicken thighs, filets diced into bite sized pieces
- 1⁄2 cup wine
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock powder
- 200 ml light cream
- 1 teaspoon coarse grain mustard, heaped
- 1⁄4 cup semi sun-dried tomato, chopped, I used smoked ones
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- cracked black pepper
- 10 basil leaves, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil and cook the onion, garlic and chorizo about 5 minutes or until onion is softened.
- Add the diced chicken and cook a further 5 minutes or until all changed colour.
- Pour in the wine and allow to cook off for about a minute, then add the water and stock powder and cook for a couple more minutes until it reduces a little.
- Pour in the cream and cook on a low heat for about 10 minutes until the chicken is well cooked and tender and the sauce is creamy.
- Just before serving add the must ard, tomatoes, cheese black pepper to taste and the basil leaves.
- Serve over your favourite pasta.