Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is the ultimate comfort food when paired with buttery mashed potatoes, corn or green beans, and hot rolls. Wash it all down with a tall icy cold glass of milk!
- 5 -6 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 2 (12 ounce) boxesof stove top chicken flavor stuffing mix
- 1 cup milk
- Oven@ 350.
- Cook chicken and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Place into a casserole dish.
- Prepare Stove Top according to directions.
- Heat both cans of soup with the milk in a saucepan until hot.
- Pour over chicken.
- Spoon stuffing over top of chicken and soup.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes or until bubbly.
This is a family favorite and comfort food at our house. The only difference between this and my grandmother's recipe is that we sprinkle some poultry seasoning in with the soups and reduce the milk to only a cup. We cook the chicken in chicken broth and use that same water to cook the Stove Top. My kids (5 and 2) don't usually try casseroles...they prefer all food seperated but they both ask for this.
I don't know what went wrong here, but the stuffing came out hard and didn't cover the entire surface. Overall I thought it was kind of blah, but my kids liked it. Super easy recipe though.
I made this for Easter and it is awesome and so simple. Only change I made was I used two boxes of stuffing and heavy cream instead of milk. I added the veggies and next time will add two packages (they wer small) and just peas and carrots. I baked in a 9 x 11 baking pan. YUMMY!!!! A keeper for sure.