Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is the ultimate comfort food when paired with buttery mashed potatoes, corn or green beans, and hot rolls. Wash it all down with a tall icy cold glass of milk!
- 5 -6 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 box stove top chicken flavor stuffing mix
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- Oven@ 350.
- Cook chicken and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Place into a casserole dish.
- Prepare Stove Top according to directions.
- Heat both cans of soup with the milk in a saucepan until hot.
- Pour over chicken.
- Spoon stuffing over top of chicken and soup.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes or until bubbly.
This is a family favorite and comfort food at our house. The only difference between this and my grandmother's recipe is that we sprinkle some poultry seasoning in with the soups and reduce the milk to only a cup. We cook the chicken in chicken broth and use that same water to cook the Stove Top. My kids (5 and 2) don't usually try casseroles...they prefer all food seperated but they both ask for this.
Yum. I accidentally put too much milk in and it was a little soupy. I also put in a small bag of mixed veggies. The stuffing sunk into the base, but is was so good because it flavored the sauce. The next day, it was awesome because it had firmed up. Next time, I will start with less milk and cook the soup and veggies and add more milk if needed.
The only change that we made was that we added 2 cups of mixed vegetables. It was great, easy and so tasty. The ingredients are generally on hand. We really liked it.