1 hr 5 mins
You can prepare the complete casserole ahead and refrigerate for up to 24 hours, sprinkle the topping on just before baking. This complete recipe can be doubled if you are feeding more than 4 people.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained (cook until only firm-tender, do not over-cook)
- 14 ounces uncooked ground chicken or 14 ounces ground turkey
- 2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (to taste)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 -4 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup sliced pitted olive (green or black)
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- 1/2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1Set oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
- 3Cook spaghetti; drain and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- 4Toss with 2-3 tablespoons of oil and season with salt; set aside.
- 5Meanwhile in a large skillet, cook the ground chicken, mushrooms, celery, onion and garlic over medium-high heat for about 3-4 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- 6Add the cooked chicken mixture to the spaghetti and toss.
- 7For the sauce: in a small saucepan melt 2 tablespoons butter; stir in flour and pepper; stir for 1 minute.
- 8Add in the half and half cream; cook and stir over medium heat for about 2 minutes, or until thick and bubbly.
- 9Add in the Velveeta cheese and stir until melted.
- 10Remove from heat, and stir in olives and pimiento.
- 11Pour the sauce over the chicken mixture; toss to coat.
- 12Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- 13In a small bowl mix together bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and melted butter and sprinkle over chicken mixture.
- 14Cover and bake for about 20-25 minutes.
- 15Uncover and bake for another 10-15 minutes, or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chicken and Spaghetti Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 907.1
- Calories from Fat 452
- Total Fat 50.2 g
- Saturated Fat 21.4 g
- Cholesterol 171.7 mg
- Sodium 800.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 45.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: