Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
You can prepare the complete casserole ahead and refrigerate for up to 24 hours, sprinkle the topping on just before baking. This complete recipe can be doubled if you are feeding more than 4 people.
- 6 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained (cook until only firm-tender, do not over-cook)
- 14 ounces uncooked ground chicken or 14 ounces ground turkey
- 2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (to taste)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 -4 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup sliced pitted olive (green or black)
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Cook spaghetti; drain and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Toss with 2-3 tablespoons of oil and season with salt; set aside.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet, cook the ground chicken, mushrooms, celery, onion and garlic over medium-high heat for about 3-4 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Add the cooked chicken mixture to the spaghetti and toss.
- For the sauce: in a small saucepan melt 2 tablespoons butter; stir in flour and pepper; stir for 1 minute.
- Add in the half and half cream; cook and stir over medium heat for about 2 minutes, or until thick and bubbly.
- Add in the Velveeta cheese and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat, and stir in olives and pimiento.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken mixture; toss to coat.
- Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl mix together bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and melted butter and sprinkle over chicken mixture.
- Cover and bake for about 20-25 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for another 10-15 minutes, or until heated through.