W.C. Medows's Note:
A comfortable dish for a hearty appetite!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2Cook about 2 strips of bacon first, cool, then chop into bits, or use your favorite bacon bits.
- 3Slice potatoes thinly as though for scalloped potatos.
- 4Slice the carrot the same thickness as the potatos.
- 5Chop boneless skinless chicken into bits sized pieces.
- 6Chop the broccoli into bite sized pieces.
- 7Chop 1 medium onion, or use about 3/4 cup of chopped onion.
- 9In a small sauce pan, melt butter and blend in flour.
- 10Let sit for a minute.
- 11Add all of cold milk, stirring with a whisk.
- 12Season with salt and cayenne.
- 13Cook sauce on low until smooth and boiling, stirring occasionally with a whisk.
- 14Reduce heat and stir in cheese.
- 15Place a half of the sliced potatoes, carrot, chicken and broccoli in a lightly greased one quart casserole dish.
- 16Pour half of cheese sauce over this mixture.
- 17Repeat with second layer of both items above, pouring remaining cheese mixture over after all items are placed inside.
- 18Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- 19Top with some paprika for color, don't over do, just sprinkle it.
- 20Bake uncovered for about 1 hour at 350°F.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chicken and Scalloped Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (451 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 560.7
- Calories from Fat 275
- Total Fat 30.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 129.1 mg
- Sodium 606.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 39.0 g