Recipe by majakete
Everyone loves chicken and rice. This is quick and filling, easy and tasty to make when you're in a rush. You can add different spices (chili, curry) for a different taste.
Top Review by catmaniacs
Made as written except I only had 16 oz. bag of veggies and just used the whole bag. I did use a touch more water but next time I would add a little more as it was just a touch dry. I will make this again with just a little more water and seasonings. Thanks for the recipe!
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 10 ounces frozen broccoli carrots cauliflower mix, thawed
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Combine evaporated milk and cream cheese in baking dish with wire whisk until smooth.
- Add soup, water, garlic powder and black pepper; mix well.
- Add vegetables, chicken and rice.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove cover and top with cheese.
- Continue baking uncovered for 10 to 15 minutes until cheese is melted and mixture is bubbly.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.