Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
You may substitute boneless, skinless chicken breasts for the chicken thighs if desired.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 pound)
- 1 (1 lb) jarragu cheesy classic alfredo sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked converted rice
- 1 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Season chicken if desired with salt and pepper.
- In 13x9-inch baking dish, thoroughly combine Cheese Sauce, broth, uncooked rice and tomato. Arrange chicken on rice mixture.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 35 minutes. Remove foil and sprinkle chicken with cheese. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
I love this recipe! I have been making this for about 4 years already. I got this from the ragu jar and the kids just love it. I also add mushrooms to it and Mozzarella Cheese.
I made this using chicken breast cutlets and light parmesan alfredo sauce (to save calories), and also left out the tomatoes, so I don't feel I can give this a rating. We enjoyed it, but to me, it seemed like something was missing...and I don't think the tomatoes would have done it for me! Perhaps my lighter sauce just wasn't as strongly flavored as classic is. I also had a problem with my chicken being a bit dry, but again, that's probably my fault - the cut was pretty thin. This was a creamy treat though, and I loved the touch of the parmesan cheese sprinkled on the chicken!