Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
From campbellsoup.ca. I have not tried this recipe yet.
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (can use low fat)
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup long-grain white rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups vegetables (your choice, can use fresh or frozen)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, halves
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Mix soup, water, rice, onion powder and black pepper in shallow 2 qt baking dish. Stir in vegetables (if frozen, thawed under running water).
- Top with chicken. Sprinkle chicken with additional pepper, if desired. Cover
- Bake at 375°F until chicken is cooked through and rice is tender – about 45 minutes. Sprinkle cheese over chicken. Remove chicken and stir rice before serving.
- Tip: For a toasty cheese topping – after baking, sprinkle the chicken with cheese, place dish under broiler for a few minutes and brown until cheese is golden.
Great recipe. I make it all the time and often i switch it around depending on what i have on hand. It's so easy to make and soooooooooo good. Thanks for sharing Poutine :)
My favorite comfort food! :-) I like to mix cheddar cheese up in the rice and soup mixture, too - it definitely adds to the flavor! Thanks for posting!
This sounded good but when I cooked it, it really didn't have much flavor to it. It was very plain. It was ok but not worth making again.