Recipe by I'mPat
From Everyday Gourmet hosted by Justine Schofield (an Australian Masterchef finalist) and guest cook Lucy Kelly from Weight Watches.
Top Review by Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle
I forgot to add the Parmesan cheese until I read Sydney Mike's review just now! I'll add that to leftovers tomorrow ~ I added a sprinkling of red pepper flakes to my butternut squash before roasting, and it gave the dish a nice zing of heat ~ LOVED the sweetness of the squash, and the brininess of the olives! I salted/peppered a whole chicken breast, cooked it, then cooled it just enough to slice before adding it back to the sauce/pasta, garnished with fresh basil! Made for Summer Photo Tag 2012.
- 300 g butternut pumpkin (peeled cut into 3cm pieces)
- 250 g cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 100 g penne pasta
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 250 g chicken breast fillets (lean fat trimmed and thinly sliced)
- 1 medium red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 14.79 ml cornflour
- 375 ml evaporated skim milk
- 6 green olives (pitted in brine and sliced)
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese (20 grams grated)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 220C or 200C fan forced.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and place pumpkin on prepared tray and lightly spray with oil and then bake for 20 minutes and then add tomatoes and bake for a further 10 minutes or until pumpkin is lightly browned and tomatoes softened.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta in a medium saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet instructions, or until just tender and then drain.
- Heat oil in a non stick frying pan over medium-high heat and add the chicken and cook stirring for 5 minutes or until lightly browned and then transfer to a plate.
- Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until softened and then return chicken to the pan.
- Blend cornflour and a little evaporated milk in a jug and stir in remaining milk and then add this milk mixture to the pan and bring to the boil, reduce heat to low and simmer stirring occasionally for 3 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
- Add the cooked pasta, olives and roasted pumpkin and tomatoes to the sauce and toss gently to combine and serve pasta sprinkled with cheese.