1/1 Photo of Creamy Chicken and Pumpkin Pasta (Ww)
From Everyday Gourmet hosted by Justine Schofield (an Australian Masterchef finalist) and guest cook Lucy Kelly from Weight Watches.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 300 g butternut pumpkin (peeled cut into 3cm pieces)
- 250 g cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 100 g penne pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 250 g chicken breast fillets (lean fat trimmed and thinly sliced)
- 1 medium red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 375 ml evaporated skim milk
- 6 green olives (pitted in brine and sliced)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (20 grams grated)
- 1Preheat oven to 220C or 200C fan forced.
- 2Line a baking tray with baking paper and place pumpkin on prepared tray and lightly spray with oil and then bake for 20 minutes and then add tomatoes and bake for a further 10 minutes or until pumpkin is lightly browned and tomatoes softened.
- 3Meanwhile cook the pasta in a medium saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet instructions, or until just tender and then drain.
- 4Heat oil in a non stick frying pan over medium-high heat and add the chicken and cook stirring for 5 minutes or until lightly browned and then transfer to a plate.
- 5Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until softened and then return chicken to the pan.
- 6Blend cornflour and a little evaporated milk in a jug and stir in remaining milk and then add this milk mixture to the pan and bring to the boil, reduce heat to low and simmer stirring occasionally for 3 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
- 7Add the cooked pasta, olives and roasted pumpkin and tomatoes to the sauce and toss gently to combine and serve pasta sprinkled with cheese.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chicken and Pumpkin Pasta (Ww)
Serving Size: 1 (398 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.4
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 49.5 mg
- Sodium 355.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 27.0 g