Recipe by Tish
Sun dried tomatoes and broccoli add color and texture to this dish
Top Review by Sharlene~W
I would give this a full 5 stars but I thought it needed a bit of adjusting. I thought 1/2 pound of chicken for 6 servings was not enough--I made it with 1 3/4 pounds. And it is much easier to eat if you cut the chicken into bite-size servings before cooking. I cooked it cut into strips, but then pulled them all out and cut them as I couldn't see any advantage to leaving the pieces big. It was also on the bland side and the sauce to runny. I stirred in 1 tablespoon of cornstarch to thicken it up, but next time I will try stirring about 1/4 cup parmesan cheese into the sauce. That will give the sauce a bit more dimesion and thicken it up a bit. A hint I learned about broccoli--if you cook it just until it is done and then drain it and run cold water over it you can preserve the beautiful green color. I cooked my broccoli separately so I could do this and then tossed it all together and let it warm back up for a minute or two. In spite of the adjustments--a wonderful dish I will definitely make again. Beautiful presentation as well.
- 453.59 g package penne
- 946.36 ml broccoli florets
- 1 onion, sliced
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 226.79 g boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 3 x 1" strips
- 177.44 ml sun-dried tomato, in oil,drained and finely chopped
- 118.29 ml chicken broth
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- 29.58 ml balsamic vinegar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook penne to package directions.
- Sir in broccoli flowerets for last 2 minutes.
- In the meantime, saute onion in olive oil in large skillet for approximately 6 minutes, until softened.
- Add chicken strips and saute for 4 minutes.
- Stir in sun-dried tomatoes, heavy cream, chicken broth, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper and simmer 4 minutes.
- Drain pasta, broccoli; toss with chicken mixture and top with Parmesan cheese.