Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This came my way via an e-mail recipe share. It was originally a dinner cooked in the oven at 350 for an hour but I made it in the crockpot with wonderful results. I tweaked the cheese to suit my tastes so you can reduce it if you're not a cheese lover.
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (16 ounce) jar alfredo sauce
- 1 lb frozen peas (thawed)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 6 -8 cups cooked pasta (buttered)
- Cut chicken into strips and place into greased crockpot.
- Combine alfredo sauce, peas and cheese and mix well.
- Spoon peas mix over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Serve over noodles.
This was an incredibly easy and tasty recipe! Perfect for a summer night! I added sundried tomatoes and a little grated parm to it. I just loved this recipe! Thank you for sharing!!! LA :-)
Overall we really enjoyed this meal. I did it in the crockpot too, just because it was much easier, so I didn't have to constantly watch it. The only change I will make when I cook this again, is to substitue the peas for broccoli. It just seemed as if the flavor of the peas somewhat overtook the flavor of the rest of the meal. This is a really simple, good recipe though overall!
I used this recipe recently at a Italian dinner for my SIL's birthday. I made my own alfredo sauce using Recipe #64196. Next time I will tweak the cheese a little as a personal preference found it very very cheesy!!!!! I originally used the recipe for its simplicity and ease (being made in crockpot) and will also try it in an oven. It only required 4hrs on low in my crockpot.