Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe for 2! This is a recipe from Kraft.
Make and share this Creamy Chicken and Peas Noodle Toss recipe from Food.com.
- 473.18 ml egg noodles, uncooked
- 226.79 g boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 56.69 g neufchatel cheese, 1/3 Less Fat than Cream Cheese, cubed
- 118.29 ml whole milk
- 304.75 g can reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 236.59 ml frozen peas
- 118.29 ml shredded 2% reduced-fat colby-monterey jack cheese, divided
- COOK noodles in medium saucepan as directed on package.
- MEANWHILE, cook chicken in medium nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium-high heat 5 minute or until cooked through, stirring occasionally. Add Neufchatel cheese and milk; cook and stir 1 to 2 minute or until Neufchatel cheese is melted and mixture is well blended. Add soup and peas; cook 5 min., stirring occasionally.
- DRAIN noodles; return to saucepan.
- Add chicken mixture and half of the shredded cheese; cook until shredded cheese is melted and mixture is well blended. Sprinkle with the remaining shredded cheese.
Very good. Pressed for time, I did use canned chicken breast (12.5 oz) and made the sauce in the microwave while the noodles cooked. There is plenty of sauce to increase your egg noodles to 3 or 4 cups, IMHO - it won't be quite as creamy, but it would easily double the servings without being skimpy on the sauce.
Mmmmm Good! Loved this. Didn't change a thing! Thanks for posting this keeper! Made for I Recommend Tag.
Delish! This was so simple and quite tasty. It's almost exactly the way I make my tuna noodle casserole. Thanks cookiedog!