Recipe by cookiedog
This is a recipe for 2! This is a recipe from Kraft.
Top Review by Kate57
Very good. Pressed for time, I did use canned chicken breast (12.5 oz) and made the sauce in the microwave while the noodles cooked. There is plenty of sauce to increase your egg noodles to 3 or 4 cups, IMHO - it won't be quite as creamy, but it would easily double the servings without being skimpy on the sauce.
- 2 cups egg noodles, uncooked
- 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 ounces neufchatel cheese, 1/3 Less Fat than Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup shredded 2% reduced-fat colby-monterey jack cheese, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- COOK noodles in medium saucepan as directed on package.
- MEANWHILE, cook chicken in medium nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium-high heat 5 minute or until cooked through, stirring occasionally. Add Neufchatel cheese and milk; cook and stir 1 to 2 minute or until Neufchatel cheese is melted and mixture is well blended. Add soup and peas; cook 5 min., stirring occasionally.
- DRAIN noodles; return to saucepan.
- Add chicken mixture and half of the shredded cheese; cook until shredded cheese is melted and mixture is well blended. Sprinkle with the remaining shredded cheese.