Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yummy but still healthy- goes together very quickly!
- 8 ounces penne
- 3 small carrots, peeled and sliced into coins
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1. Cook penne in boiling salted water for 12 minutes. Add carrots, broccoli and zucchini for last 4 minutes of cooking time. Add peas during the last minute. Drain; transfer to a large serving bowl.
- 2. Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/8 teaspoon of the black pepper. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook 8 minutes, or until cooked through.
- 3. Add cream, cheese, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper and nutmeg to skillet. Boil for 2 minutes, until thick. Toss with pasta and vegetables.