Recipe by asbusto
Another of my kids favorites! I got this recipe from my mother-in-law and tweeked it a bit. The result has become a staple in our house! Tip: I often make this, put into two small casserole dishes, and freeze one. To bake after frozen, bake covered at 300 for an hour, then 400 for ½ hour and then 15 min uncovered.
Top Review by seal angel
2 out of 3 liked this in my house. My husband said it needed something crunchy like french fried onions. Too me it just needed a little bit more seasoning. He is gonna have to eat it again cuz I halfed the recipe to freeze part of it. We thought it tasted like chicken pot pie.
- 3 cups medium egg noodles, cooked
- 2 chicken breast halves, browned and chopped or shredded
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves (or 1 tsp. garlic powder)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken and mushroom soup (or whatever variety you prefer)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces cheese (save 1/3)
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta while browning chicken.
- Sauté vegetables, add garlic for the last minute.
- In large bowl mix all ingredients well and put in 9x13 casserole dish.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese and bread crumbs on top.
- Cover and bake 30 min at 400, uncover and broil until browned.