1/1 Photo of Creamy Chicken and Pasta Casserole
1 hr 5 mins
Amy (Chef #834956)'s Note:
Another of my kids favorites! I got this recipe from my mother-in-law and tweeked it a bit. The result has become a staple in our house! Tip: I often make this, put into two small casserole dishes, and freeze one. To bake after frozen, bake covered at 300 for an hour, then 400 for ½ hour and then 15 min uncovered.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups medium egg noodles, cooked
- 2 chicken breast halves, browned and chopped or shredded
- 1/2 cup carrot, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves (or 1 tsp. garlic powder)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken and mushroom soup (or whatever variety you prefer)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces cheese (save 1/3)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1Cook pasta while browning chicken.
- 2Sauté vegetables, add garlic for the last minute.
- 3In large bowl mix all ingredients well and put in 9x13 casserole dish.
- 4Sprinkle remaining cheese and bread crumbs on top.
- 5Cover and bake 30 min at 400, uncover and broil until browned.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chicken and Pasta Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.4
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 55.6 mg
- Sodium 362.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 14.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cream of chicken and mushroom soup