Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Rich chicken and pasta dish flavored with wine and garlic.
- 2 cups uncooked penne or 2 cups penne pasta
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup white wine or 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in butter for 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- Add wine or broth and garlic. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced in half; about 5 minutes.
- Combine flour and water until smooth, gradually add to mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cream. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until heated through.
- Drain pasta. Add the pasta, chicken, capers, salt and pepper to cream sauce.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.