Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Southern Living Feb 2007, Start with Cooked Chicken, Cook your own chicken or purchase cooked rotisserie chicken from your grocery.
- Remove 1 tablespoons Italian dressing mix from envelope, and set aside; reserve remaining mix for another use.
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain well, and return noodles to pan.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons butter, and toss to coat.
- Stir in chopped chicken, next 3 ingredients, and 1 tablespoons dressing mix.
- Cook mixture over medium-high heat, tossing to coat evenly, 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Serve immediately.
We love this recipe. I'm so glad you posted it because I've been using my rag-tag beat up hand written version that I copied down on scrap paper while at a doctor's office and looking thru Southern Living's magazine. Very family friendly dinner.
I love this recipe because it is very simple and delicious. My husband and 3 kids like this dish as well. Originally, I found this recipe in the Southern Living Magazine. I have made it several times since then. I substitute the whipping cream with half and half. I have also substituted the egg noodles for whole wheat egg noodles and the taste was not compromised.
My family loved it. My daughter said " it is a keeper Mom!!! I used a 16 oz package of noodles and 2 tbsp of italian seasoning and 1/2 milk to make it go farther for a big family.