Recipe by nicoleingermantown
From Southern Living Feb 2007, Start with Cooked Chicken, Cook your own chicken or purchase cooked rotisserie chicken from your grocery.
Top Review by HokiesMom
We love this recipe. I'm so glad you posted it because I've been using my rag-tag beat up hand written version that I copied down on scrap paper while at a doctor's office and looking thru Southern Living's magazine. Very family friendly dinner.
- 1 (5/8 ounce) envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove 1 tablespoons Italian dressing mix from envelope, and set aside; reserve remaining mix for another use.
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain well, and return noodles to pan.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons butter, and toss to coat.
- Stir in chopped chicken, next 3 ingredients, and 1 tablespoons dressing mix.
- Cook mixture over medium-high heat, tossing to coat evenly, 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Serve immediately.