Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Southern Living Feb 2007, Start with Cooked Chicken, Cook your own chicken or purchase cooked rotisserie chicken from your grocery.
- 1 (5/8 ounce) envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Remove 1 tablespoons Italian dressing mix from envelope, and set aside; reserve remaining mix for another use.
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain well, and return noodles to pan.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons butter, and toss to coat.
- Stir in chopped chicken, next 3 ingredients, and 1 tablespoons dressing mix.
- Cook mixture over medium-high heat, tossing to coat evenly, 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Serve immediately.
We love this recipe. I'm so glad you posted it because I've been using my rag-tag beat up hand written version that I copied down on scrap paper while at a doctor's office and looking thru Southern Living's magazine. Very family friendly dinner.
I love this recipe because it is very simple and delicious. My husband and 3 kids like this dish as well. Originally, I found this recipe in the Southern Living Magazine. I have made it several times since then. I substitute the whipping cream with half and half. I have also substituted the egg noodles for whole wheat egg noodles and the taste was not compromised.
My family loved it. My daughter said " it is a keeper Mom!!! I used a 16 oz package of noodles and 2 tbsp of italian seasoning and 1/2 milk to make it go farther for a big family.