Recipe by amandafl
I'm cleaning out my files of recipes I've collected from various magazines over the years. This is from Woman's World
- 8 ounces broad egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 cups cooked chicken
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen vegetables
- 1 cup frozen peas
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles accourding to package directions and drain.
- In large pot, heat oil over medium heat - add onion and cook, stirring until softened approx 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook until just starting to brown approx 1 minute.
- Add flour, cook while stirring for one minute.
- Stir in milk, water, bouillion cubs, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Bring to boil while stirring.
- Reduce heat to low - simmer while stirring often until thicken approx 3 mon.
- Add chicken, vegetables and noodles. Cook, stirring occasionally until heated through - approx 5 minutes.