Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a crockpot recipe I got from a friend. Doesn't take a whole lot of time to prepare, and you can put it in the pot and leave it.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- 4 cups carrots (thinly sliced)
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons parsley (fresh is best, but can use dried)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a crockpot, mix together soups, lemon juice, water, mustard, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Add carrot slices, and stir mixture well.
- Slice chicken breasts lengthwise, and add to mixture in crockpot.
- Stir well, being sure the chicken is coated.
- Cook on low 7 to 8 hours.
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Serve chicken and mixture over noodles, and sprinkle with parsley.
This is a great weeknight meal that I will do again. I used half of the carrots as I only had a cup or two of the baby carrots (no peeling or slicing). Also I put my chicken breasts in straight from the freezer and I served it all on whole wheat spaghetti noodles. I think the mustard and lemon juice are a nice addition to the soups and keep it from tasting canned. Thanks for the recipe!
This soup had a great texture! The only thing different I did was use chicken broth instead of water and cut the amount of carrots in 1/2. Oh, and when I made my noodles I just added them right to the soup. My husband really liked it, but it was a bit too tangy to me. I'll try it again. I just haven't decided rather to cut back on the lemon juice or omit it all together. I may just taste as I cook! Thank you for something different I can play around with!
Very nice! I may cut the amount of carrots a bit next time as it was just a smidgen carroty for my taste. I used whole chicken breasts instead of cutting the chicken up and it worked just fine. The chicken was fork tender after 7 hours, and wow did this make the house smell good while it was cooking. Good recipe!