Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
The most labor-intensive part of this recipe is boiling a chicken and pulling the meat off the bone--a real no-brainer.
- Remove the neck/gibblet package from the chicken. Rinse the chicken under cold water.
- for 2 minutes then place in a large pot of hot water. Bring the water to a boil, cover the pot and boil the chicken until the leg joints become loose and the meat will pull easily from the bones (about 45 minutes).
- Remove the chicken from the pot (don't pour out the water!)and let it cool so you dont burn your fingers removing the meat from the bone.
- In the same pot you used to cook the chicken, skim off the fat (you can save it for other recipes). Keep about 3 cups of broth in the pot. If there isn't enough, add water to make at least 3 cups.
- Add the bouillon cube, stir to dissolve.
- Heat the broth to boiling and put in the noodles. Cook till soft. Turn the heat down to low/ simmer. Do not drain.
- Stir in the soup and cream cheese. Allow to continue to simmer on very low heat.
- De-bone the chicken and add to the noodles.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired.
This was really good. It could use some spice so I added red pepper flakes and was heavy on the black pepper. I used 2 cartons of chicken stock in place of the water and it thickened up nicely. Very easy to make and very filling. I will make this again.