Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
30 minutes or less recipe from Cooking Light - very tasty and low fat too.
- 2 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped shallot
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 (8 ounce) packagepresliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup spreadable cheese with garlic and herbs (such as Aloutte)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- While pasta cooks, heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken, saute' 4 minutes or until done.
- Remove chicken from pan, set aside.
- Heat oil in pan over medium high heat.
- Add shallots; saute' 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms, saute' 4 minutes.
- Add wine, and cook for 3 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates.
- Combine milk and flour in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- Add milk mixture to pan; cook 3 minutes or until slightly thick.
- Add chicken, cheese, 2 tblsp parsley, and pepper, reduce heat, and simmer for 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Serve over pasta, sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
This was really easy and good. I ended up adding 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, and 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed to give this dish a little bit more flavor without adding fat. I would definitely make it again.
We really liked this a lot but I'll have to agree that it needs a bit more seasoning. I would probably saute garlic in w/ shallots & mushrooms and add a bit of salt along with the pepper. I will make it again. We served it over rice.
I don't see where all the stars came from,I found this to be virtually tasteless! Smelled great, but the sauce was too thin and the taste was bland!