Recipe by TammieV
This recipe makes me want to lick the plate every time (ok, I do when no one is looking). I found a simular recipe in a Championship Dutch Oven Cook Book. This is my changed recipe. This is great in the Dutch Oven as well as on the stove top.
- 6 -8 pieces chicken
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons seasoning salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- garlic (lots for me)
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- parsley flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, seasoned salt and pepper.
- Dredge chicken in mixture and brown in a skillet with 2 Tbl butter.
- Lower heat to simmer and cover with lid.
- Cook 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken and set aside for a moment.
- Leaving the drippings in the skillet, add all other ingredients to the skillet, cook and stir until bubbling.
- Add the cooked chicken to the bubbling sauce and cook for 5 to 10 minutes more.
- Serve over rice and top with parsley flakes for color.