Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very easy chicken and pasta dish. I always get compliments when I make this. This recipe is for 2-3 people, but is easily doubled.
- 2 chicken breast fillets, cubed (or 3 - 4 thigh fillets)
- 3 -4 green onions, chopped
- 3 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 slices bacon, cubed
- 300 ml cream (I use low fat)
- 1 -2 garlic clove, crushed (according to taste)
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 200 g spinach fettuccine
- Cook the pasta, while you chop up the ingredients. (Stir the fettuccini often otherwise it will stick together.).
- Fry chicken till about 1/2 cooked, then add bacon, and fry for a further couple of minutes. Add crushed garlic, stir well.
- When bacon is cooked, add mushrooms and shallots, fry for a few minutes, till mushrooms soften.
- Stir in cream, simmer for about 2 minutes. Taste and add salt (or other herbs / spices) if desired. To thicken sauce, mix cornflour with small amount of water, and stir into sauce. Keep stirring, it should thicken in about one minute.
It was very good. Couldn't find l/f cream, and I added l/f cream cheese, will be makeing this again
Wow, this is really nice. Cooked exactally as written using chicken thighs and opted not to use the cornflour but instead allowed the sauce to reduce by itself. I chopped the bacon really small in my zyliss chopper. Definite keeper for our family. Thank you for posting.