1/2 Photos of Creamy Chicken and Garlic Picnic Pasties-Parcels With Boursin
French Tart's Note:
Delectable litle pasties or pastry parcels filled with tender chunks of chicken breast and French Boursin cream Cheese, delicious! These are so easy to make, as they use cooked chicken breast, making them very handy for any leftovers you might have. France meets England in these pastry parcels, I have taken the idea of a traditional pasty, then added a little French touch with the Boursin cheese, thus dispensing with any need to make a white sauce to bind the chicken! Great for lunch boxes, picnics, lunch, supper or a light meals or snacks.NB: (I would not advise re-heating these, as the chicken has already been cooked twice before - they are just as delicious warm or cold.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 200ºC, 400ºF, Gas Mark 6. Grease and line a large baking tray.
- 2Thoroughly mix together all the filling ingredients, seasoning with black pepper. (You can pre-fry the mushrooms if you wish.).
- 3Roll out the pastry to a 30 cm (12 inch) square, then cut into 4 squares, place them on the baking tray.
- 4Pile the ingredients into the middle of the pastry sqaures. With the back of a spoon firmly press ingredients together.
- 5Brush edges with milk, fold corners to the centre sealing edges.
- 6Brush with beaten egg or milk and bake for 35 minutes until golden brown.
- 7Eat warm or cold.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chicken and Garlic Picnic Pasties-Parcels With Boursin
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.6
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 47.6 mg
- Sodium 183.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 21.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cream cheese with garlic and herbs