Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Delectable litle pasties or pastry parcels filled with tender chunks of chicken breast and French Boursin cream Cheese, delicious! These are so easy to make, as they use cooked chicken breast, making them very handy for any leftovers you might have. France meets England in these pastry parcels, I have taken the idea of a traditional pasty, then added a little French touch with the Boursin cheese, thus dispensing with any need to make a white sauce to bind the chicken! Great for lunch boxes, picnics, lunch, supper or a light meals or snacks.NB: (I would not advise re-heating these, as the chicken has already been cooked twice before - they are just as delicious warm or cold.)
- Heat oven to 200ºC, 400ºF, Gas Mark 6. Grease and line a large baking tray.
- Thoroughly mix together all the filling ingredients, seasoning with black pepper. (You can pre-fry the mushrooms if you wish.).
- Roll out the pastry to a 30 cm (12 inch) square, then cut into 4 squares, place them on the baking tray.
- Pile the ingredients into the middle of the pastry sqaures. With the back of a spoon firmly press ingredients together.
- Brush edges with milk, fold corners to the centre sealing edges.
- Brush with beaten egg or milk and bake for 35 minutes until golden brown.
- Eat warm or cold.
Yummy! I didn't have milk... so I sealed them with egg whites which worked wonderfully. The only other thing I changed was to put about a tablespoon of diced shallots into the mushrooms. Mmm!! Beautiful AND delicious.
These little parcels are wonderful. We enjoyed them hot for dinner and will have the rest cold for breakfast, I can't wait . What a treat, puffed pastry, french garlic cream cheese and mushrooms. The pastry is crisp, the filling is flavourful and creamy while the chicken and mushrooms are juicy and tender. Thank you for sharing a new family favourite. Update: They are just as wonderful cold or at room temperature as they are hot. :yummy:
So very easy, and so very good. I was lazy, so I thawed a sheet of puff pastry and cut it into three and then cut each strip into three- giving me 9 mini squares that I did not roll out- just filled. I baked these mini's for about 20 minutes @400, until a nice golden brown. Thanks for a great recipe.