Recipe by French Tart
Delectable litle pasties or pastry parcels filled with tender chunks of chicken breast and French Boursin cream Cheese, delicious! These are so easy to make, as they use cooked chicken breast, making them very handy for any leftovers you might have. France meets England in these pastry parcels, I have taken the idea of a traditional pasty, then added a little French touch with the Boursin cheese, thus dispensing with any need to make a white sauce to bind the chicken! Great for lunch boxes, picnics, lunch, supper or a light meals or snacks.NB: (I would not advise re-heating these, as the chicken has already been cooked twice before - they are just as delicious warm or cold.)
Top Review by Teddy's Mommy
Yummy! I didn't have milk... so I sealed them with egg whites which worked wonderfully. The only other thing I changed was to put about a tablespoon of diced shallots into the mushrooms. Mmm!! Beautiful AND delicious.
- 8 ounces pre-prepared puff pastry
- 8 ounces cooked chicken breasts, chopped
- 5 ounces cream cheese with garlic and herbs, such as Boursin
- 3 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- eggs or milk, for glaze
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 200ºC, 400ºF, Gas Mark 6. Grease and line a large baking tray.
- Thoroughly mix together all the filling ingredients, seasoning with black pepper. (You can pre-fry the mushrooms if you wish.).
- Roll out the pastry to a 30 cm (12 inch) square, then cut into 4 squares, place them on the baking tray.
- Pile the ingredients into the middle of the pastry sqaures. With the back of a spoon firmly press ingredients together.
- Brush edges with milk, fold corners to the centre sealing edges.
- Brush with beaten egg or milk and bake for 35 minutes until golden brown.
- Eat warm or cold.