Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe off of my very special cousin Patsy over 25 yrs ago. It was one of my dads favorite recipes and he use to request it when he would come for a visit. I then somehow misplaced the recipe. I knew dad was going to be coming for a visit and I was in a panic so I tried to reproduce it by memory...which by the way I do not have....but I fooled everyone including my dad and myself...it turns out I found the recipe yrs later and mine was very close to the original way Patsy made hers. We are having it this yr for our Easter dinner as my sons girlfriend is a chicken fan and has not tried it.....I hope you all enjoy this as much as we do.......
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 0.5 (8 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 8 ounces low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- Place chicken in a single layer in a 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Sprinkle.
- with pepper. ( I sometimes like to fry the chicken in a bit of butter first for a crustier meat).
- Combine soup, soup mix, sour cream, lemon juice, dill, and mushrooms.
- Pour over chicken. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake covered at 350.
- degrees for 1/2hour, and add chopped green onions, then uncover for 1/2 hour or until chicken is tender.
- delicious served with rice or noodles.