Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a quick and easy weeknight meal with great flavor.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 tomatoes, peeld and diced
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- hot cooked rice
- Sprinkle chicken breasts evenly with salt and pepper and place in a lightly greased 11x7 inch baking dish.
- Combine cheese and next 3 ingredients, and pour over chicken.
- Sprinkle with chilies.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 for 35 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
For such an easy recipe, this has to get 5 stars. The chilies added so much flavour -- I wouldn't skip them. I used fresh sliced mushrooms. Next time I will pound the chicken a bit before cooking, as it was a little rubbery.
This was a tasty dish even with my changes. I am NOT a fan of mushrooms, so I used Cream of Celery soup instead. I thought I had a can of chilies, since I did not I just added in some fresh garlic. Thanks for the great comfort food dish Chris!! It hit the spot tonight!
What a wonderful dinner! I used 3 chicken breasts and all the sauce. I didn't use all the tomato because of personal preference. I will be making this quick and easy casserole again.