1/5 Photos of Creamy Chicken and Chile Casserole
Yummy, creamy, fast, and easy! This could easily be doubled or made diet friendly by using low-fat cream cheese and light tortillas. The idea for this came from the back of the green enchilada sauce can, but it had twice as much chicken and enchilada sauce, but the same amount of cream cheese and chilies, also no spices were listed--and was for actual enchiladas--I'm way to lazy to roll up enchiladas 8)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed (or ~ 6 chicken tenders)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 4 flour tortillas (soft taco size)
- 1 (10 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- 8 ounces shredded cheese (I prefer pepper jack)
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash seasoning salt
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash chili powder
- 1Heat oven to 400°F.
- 2Cook chicken over medium-high heat until cooked through.
- 3Add seasonings to chicken while cooking.
- 4Add cream cheese and chilies.
- 5Cook and stir until blended.
- 6Arrange 2 tortillas on the bottom of a greased 8x8-inch pan (I cut the tortillas in half and put the straight edges along the edges of the pan, letting the tortillas over-lap).
- 7Sprinkle the tortillas with a small amount of the cheese.
- 8Pour the chicken mixture over the tortillas.
- 9Sprinkle small amount of cheese over chicken mixture.
- 10Arrange remaining tortillas on top.
- 11Pour enchilada sauce over top and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 12Bake for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chicken and Chile Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (1214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2309.5
- Calories from Fat 1349
- Total Fat 149.9 g
- Saturated Fat 82.5 g
- Cholesterol 546.3 mg
- Sodium 5843.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 122.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 33.6 g
- Protein 121.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: