Recipe by rusted_essence
found this and saved it...
Top Review by bmcnichol
I made this for my sons band and they enjoyed it. I followed the recipe as written other then I added more cheese then the recipe called for. I had frozen cooked chicken in my freezer so this made this a quick meal to make. Made for Fall PAC 2008.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 10 3⁄4 ounces milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups instant rice, uncooked
- 2 cups broccoli (chopped)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (KRAFT Shredded)
Directions See How It's Made
- SPRAY nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add chicken; cover. Cook 5 minute or until cooked through. Sprinkle with garlic powder.
- ADD soup and milk. Bring to boil. Stir in rice and broccoli; cover. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minute or until rice is tender.
- STIR in 1/2 cup of the cheese; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
- You can always substitute other fresh vegetables you have on hand for the broccoli, such as thinly sliced peppers or sugar snap peas.
- Cooking Know-How
- If you're reheating leftovers the next day, stir in a little milk first to keep it creamy.