Recipe by Kdoc
Adapted from a Weight Watchers recipe, I've added rice for more substance, added slightly more sauce and increased the size to serve a large family with possibly some leftovers.
Top Review by Margie99
I really liked this. I made some changes based on what I had available. I used fresh broccoli that I microwaved and I used cooked turkey. So I started at that point. I was just about to serve it and I tasted it thinking, well nothing to write home about, then I added the cheese I had forgotten. Now that made quite the difference. Yummo! I did not use low fat cause I didn't have any but as good as it was I am sure that it would still be great that way.
- 3 (10 ounce) cans 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 3⁄4 cup fat free sour cream
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen broccoli florets
- 2 lbs skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 3 cups cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine soup and sour cream in a bowl, set aside.
- Place frozen broccoli in a colander and run under cold water until separated.
- Heat a large non stick skillet over medium high heat.
- Place chicken pieces and broccoli in pan and add sour cream mixture.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover reduce heat to medium and simmer for 10- 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
- Once cheese has melted combine with rice.
- Serving size 1 cup.