Taken from Light & Tasty magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup white wine (or reduced-sodium chicken broth)
- 1 cup instant rice (uncooked)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 9 ounces frozen artichoke hearts, cooked, drained and quartered
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can ripe olives, sliced and drained
- 1Sprinkle chicken with the salt and pepper.
- 2In a large nonstick skillet coated wiht nonstick cooking spray, cook the chicken in butter for 3-4 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove and keep warm.
- 3Add wine or broth to the skillet, stirring to loosen any browned bits.
- 4Bring to a boil. Return chicken to skillet.
- 5Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-9 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- 6Cook rice according to package directions.
- 7Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine flour and cream; gradually stir into wine in skillet.
- 8Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- 9Divide rice among four plates; top with chicken, sauce, artichokes and olives.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chicken and Artichokes (Lower Fat)
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 397.5
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 91.0 mg
- Sodium 586.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 32.4 g