Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Taken from Light & Tasty magazine.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup white wine (or reduced-sodium chicken broth)
- 1 cup instant rice (uncooked)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup half-and-half cream
- 9 ounces frozen artichoke hearts, cooked, drained and quartered
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can ripe olives, sliced and drained
- Sprinkle chicken with the salt and pepper.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated wiht nonstick cooking spray, cook the chicken in butter for 3-4 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove and keep warm.
- Add wine or broth to the skillet, stirring to loosen any browned bits.
- Bring to a boil. Return chicken to skillet.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-9 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine flour and cream; gradually stir into wine in skillet.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Divide rice among four plates; top with chicken, sauce, artichokes and olives.