1/1 Photo of Creamy Chicken Alfredo Chowder
Chicken breasts are cooked with onion, garlic and mushrooms, then combined with light Alfredo sauce, peppers, great northern beans and chicken broth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (10 ounce) container refrigerated low-fat alfredo sauce
- 1 cup roasted red pepper, drained and chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- pesto sauce, optional for garnish (optional)
- 1In a nonstick dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- 2Saute chicken 2 minutes, then reduce heat to medium.
- 3Add onion, garlic and mushrooms and saute 2 minutes.
- 4Add Alfredo sauce, red peppers, beans, and chicken broth; cover and simmer over low heat 10 minutes.
- 5To serve, spoon chowder into soup bowls; top each serving with a small dollop of pesto, if desired.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chicken Alfredo Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.6
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 43.8 mg
- Sodium 385.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 29.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat alfredo sauce