Chicken breasts are cooked with onion, garlic and mushrooms, then combined with light Alfredo sauce, peppers, great northern beans and chicken broth.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (10 ounce) containerrefrigerated low-fat alfredo sauce
- 1 cup roasted red pepper, drained and chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- pesto sauce, optional for garnish (optional)
- In a nonstick dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Saute chicken 2 minutes, then reduce heat to medium.
- Add onion, garlic and mushrooms and saute 2 minutes.
- Add Alfredo sauce, red peppers, beans, and chicken broth; cover and simmer over low heat 10 minutes.
- To serve, spoon chowder into soup bowls; top each serving with a small dollop of pesto, if desired.
Very tasty indeed. I skipped the roasted pepper because to me it seemed not to be in step with the other ingredients and I think that I will skip the beans next time. The rest of the ingredients were stellar partners and I really love the Alfredo flavor. It made a substantial lunch and is certainly hearty enough for a dinner soup. Yummy. Made for Santa's Secret in Photo Tag.