Recipe by Lainey39
Chicken breasts are cooked with onion, garlic and mushrooms, then combined with light Alfredo sauce, peppers, great northern beans and chicken broth.
Top Review by Annacia
Very tasty indeed. I skipped the roasted pepper because to me it seemed not to be in step with the other ingredients and I think that I will skip the beans next time. The rest of the ingredients were stellar partners and I really love the Alfredo flavor. It made a substantial lunch and is certainly hearty enough for a dinner soup. Yummy. Made for Santa's Secret in Photo Tag.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (10 ounce) containerrefrigerated low-fat alfredo sauce
- 1 cup roasted red pepper, drained and chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- pesto sauce, optional for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a nonstick dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Saute chicken 2 minutes, then reduce heat to medium.
- Add onion, garlic and mushrooms and saute 2 minutes.
- Add Alfredo sauce, red peppers, beans, and chicken broth; cover and simmer over low heat 10 minutes.
- To serve, spoon chowder into soup bowls; top each serving with a small dollop of pesto, if desired.