Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Adapted from Gooseberry Patch Celebrate Winter cookbook. Comfort food for me and my family. Easy to make.
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 3⁄4 cup fresh peas or 3⁄4 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (32 ounce) can chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked chicken (shredded or cubed)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced carrot, cooked
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced parsley
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet; saute mushrooms until tender; set aside.
- In a saucepan of boiling water, add bell pepper and peas; cook for 2 minutes; drain in a colander and rinse with cold water.
- In another saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons butter; sprinkle flour over butter and stir continuously, using a whisk, for 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Slowly add in most of the chicken broth; whisk to blend thoroughly; simmer and whisk frequently for about 5 minutes or until thick.
- Add in chicken, mushrooms in butter, bell pepper, peas, cooked carrots, parsley, and seasonings.
- Simmer another 5 minutes; add additional chicken broth if needed.
- Serve over hot buttered noodles.