Chevre (goat cheese) is a favorite of mine. This is from "Monday to Friday Pasta" by Michele Urvater. The sweetness of the red peppers and the creaminess of the cheese combine to form something greater than their parts. The dish is fast with the aid of a food processor, it comes together in less than 20 minutes
- Bring water to boil for pasta.
- Peel and quarter the onion.
- Core, seed and quarter the red pepper.
- Peel the garlic.
- Place onion, pepper and garlic in food processor and pulse until finely minced.
- (Or chop by hand.).
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Add the chopped vegetables and saute for a few seconds, until you can just smell the garlic.
- Cover the skillet, reduce heat and cook until vegetables are very tender, about 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
- While the vegetables are cooking, wipe the bowl of the food processor.
- Add the basil and goat chesse.
- Puree until smooth.
- Add pasta to the boiling water and cook according to package directions.
- Drain pasta and return to pot, off the heat.
- Add the cheese puree and the cooked vegetables, tossing to combine.
- Taste and add salt and pepper if necessary.