Prep 1 hr 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great rice dessert!
- 3 cups cooked long-grain rice (must be 3 cups measured after cooking, and completely cooled)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened, divided
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling or 1 (21 ounce) can strawberry pie filling
- 1 cup icing sugar (confectioners)
- 1 (12 ounce) containerfrozen Cool Whip Topping, thawed and divided
- 1 (170 g) boxjell-o instant coconut cream pudding mix or 1 (170 g) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 3 cups very cold milk
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- In a bowl, combine the cooked rice, pecans and a third of the cream cheese; mix well.
- Spread into the bottom of a greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge; spread with pie filling.
- Refrigerate for another 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the icing sugar and the remaining cream cheese, fold in half of the thawed whipped topping.
- Remove frome the fridge: spread over the pie filling.
- Refrigerate for another 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, beat the instant pudding mix with the 3 cups cold milk for 2 minutes, or until thickened.
- Remove from the fridge; immediately, gently pour the pudding over the whipped topping; refrigerate for another 30 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge; spread with the remaining whipped topping.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut-- DELICIOUS!
Great way to get rid of old rice when you make to much much. Starts to get addicting as you continue to eat it.
Wow is this flavor amazing! It looked so weird putting it together but I thought you have never steered me wrong in a recipe so I will try this and I'm so glad I did. It is addictive so be careful....=)