Recipe by kzbhansen
One of the nurses I work with gave me this recipe it is wonderful. The frozen hashbrowns are used more as a thickening agent. My family loves this. During cooking make sure you stir well or it may stick to bottom of pan. This freezes well.
Top Review by Cook4_6
I accidently picked this recipe instead of another one I posted when I built my shopping list. I went ahead a made it and was pleasantly surprized. It reminds me of "awesome" or "gourmet" potato recipe. It would be fabulous without the veggies topped with shredded cheese, bacon, onion and sour cream; like a loaded baked potato!
- 6 cups water
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 (30 ounce) bag frozen hash browns, shredded
- 1 (16 ounce) bag california-blend frozen vegetables
- 2 (15 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the water, bouillon cubes, hash browns and Vegetables into soup pot.
- Boil until the vegetables are soft, stirring often.
- Add 2 cans mushroom soup, velveeta cheese, and the milk.
- Return to a boil, then simmer 30 minutes.
- This freezes well for OAMC.