Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Our favorite family dip, which we have been making for years. It's the best! It can be made in minutes for impromptu guests.
- 1 (8 ounce) package light cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mild salsa
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (finely shredded)
- Beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add salsa, a little at a time, mixing well to prevent lumps.
- Stir in cheddar cheese.
- Can be served immediately, or chill until ready to serve (mixture will thicken upon chilling) Serve with tortilla chips or crackers or can also be used to stuff celery sticks.
- TIPS: You can also add some chopped green onion, chopped black olives, chopped red or green pepper for added crunch and variety.
excellent recipe! i usually serve this dip hot with fresh tortilla chips. i mix the salsa and cream cheese together and 1/2 the grated cheese. i then put it into a medium sized ramekin and then sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top. bake it until the cheese is melty and serve immediately. sooooooooo good!
I think I allowed too much of the "juicy" part of the salsa to get into it, because it was a little runny for me. But the taste was great!
Hello Donna M, I could use some more of that right now! It was delicious and went so well with crudites(celery, radishes, carrots, broccoli, & cauliflower). I doubled the recipe and served it with Japanese vegetable chips, too. Thanks for making me look so good, Diane :=)