Recipe by AshleyNeicole
Comfort food at it's best! I don't usually measure when I make this dish, so the ingredients are approximations. You may need more or less of an ingredient to suit your tastes. If you want a cheesy dish, use the cheddar cheese soup, otherwise use the cream of mushroom to use as a creamy base.
Top Review by Tonya C.
I just made this tonight for dinner and it was so good. I used Fiesta Nacho Cheese soup in it because it was the only cheese soup I had and I cooked some Hillshire Farm Beef Smoked Sausage and mixed it in after I had served it up on the plates (If they wanted to a few of my family ate it on the side) this was a huge hit. Thanks for the recipe I will make this again for sure! :) Very easy to make I threw it together quickly and served my family of 7 with leftovers for tomorrow!
- 1 (16 ounce) package o'brien frozen potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup or 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Season potatoes to taste.
- Spray a casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine milk, soup and sour cream.
- Combine potatoes with milk and soup mixture. Add 1 cup cheddar cheese.
- Spread evenly into casserole dish and push a tblsp of butter into the mixture at 4 different places. This will help to prevent sticking while the dish cooks. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for about 30-45 minutes or until cheese starts to brown.