Comfort food at it's best! I don't usually measure when I make this dish, so the ingredients are approximations. You may need more or less of an ingredient to suit your tastes. If you want a cheesy dish, use the cheddar cheese soup, otherwise use the cream of mushroom to use as a creamy base.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Season potatoes to taste.
- Spray a casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine milk, soup and sour cream.
- Combine potatoes with milk and soup mixture. Add 1 cup cheddar cheese.
- Spread evenly into casserole dish and push a tblsp of butter into the mixture at 4 different places. This will help to prevent sticking while the dish cooks. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for about 30-45 minutes or until cheese starts to brown.
These potatoes taste very similar to the Cracker Barrel Recipe. I only used about 1/2 cup of milk and it seemed the right consistency to me. Very good. Made for PAC 2011.
Made this for PAC 2010. Very yummy and cheesy