Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 10 mins
This casserole-like dish reminds me of french fries smothered in cheese sauce. Yummy comfort food!! I have added crumbled bacon to this dish as well, and it is awesome! If you have a french fry cutter, use it to cut the potatoes to make prep super-easy.
- In saucepan, combine flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Gradually whisk in milk until smooth.
- Bring to boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; whisk in soup and cheese until smooth; set aside.
- Cut potatoes into 4"x1/2"x1/2" sticks; place into greased 13x9' baking dish.
- Sprinkle with onion and top with cheese sauce.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until potatoes are tender.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
Made this last night. Followed recipe exactly. Very easy and tasty. Everyone gobbled it up. Thank you